Croydon Centre Championship Day
Croydon Championship Day is great day for our Centre and the kids! The children get an opportunity to compete in a series of their favourite events for medals. The Centre Championships are held on the last Saturday of the season, usually in March each year. However, should inclement weather interrupt the events on Saturday, the Championships will be completed one week later.
To be eligible to enter children must meet the following criteria:
- The Athlete must have participated in a minimum of 1 event at a minimum of 50% of the available competition days from the registration date (includes full and half season registration – see below for definition).
- Full Registration – will be defined as registration at the start of 1 October thru to 31 March.
- Half Registration – will be defined as registration from 1 January thru to 31 March.
- The parent or guardian of any athlete must have actively participated in carrying out the required parental duty allocations in accordance with Club requirements.
- The athlete’s registration fees need to be fully paid for the given season.
- In special circumstances the Centre Executive may also allow a child to compete in the Centre Championships notwithstanding that he or she has not competed in the requisite number of competition days, after receiving a written request from a parent or guardian of the child outlining the relevant circumstances.
- The Executive reserves the right to reject entries of children whose parents/guardians have not met their rostered commitments throughout the season or whose parents/guardians have, breached any of the Codes of Behavior.
- The Centre Championships are run on the basis of heats and finals. Place getters will be rewarded with gold/silver/bronze medals. Others who compete at the Centre Championships will receive ribbons.
- Competitors may enter up to four events each (one of which must be a field event) and for an event to be held there must be at least three competitors.
- In the event of there being less than eight competitors registered in age groups U14- U16 a multi-event comprising of 100m, 800m, 80/90/100 hurdles, long jump and discus will be contested.
- The categories vary depending on the age group. There will be an announcement made in late January or early February as to when the Championship entry forms may be lodged. Entry forms will be available through your club or on www.croydonlac.com.au web page later in the season.
- When you are completing the entry form please read the instructions carefully to ensure the form is filled in correctly. If there is an error, the Executive Committee reserves the right to substitute another event from a correct category without consulting with you further (for example, you incorrectly nominate your child for all track events). Please understand that each year the Executive Committee receives a large number of incorrect entries and it is not practical (nor is it really fair on the other children who have been correctly entered) for us to consult with parents whose children have been incorrectly entered.
- Championship entry forms are to remain intact until checked and signed by a CLAC member when handed in.
- If you are unhappy with the alternative event allocated to your child, you are entitled to withdraw the child from the event.
Championship Day is extremely busy, with so many events being conducted. It is a condition of each child’s entry in the Centre Championships that their parents/guardians undertake some rostered duty on Championship Day. In no instance will the rostered duty on Championship Day be for the whole day, so you will have a chance to see your child compete in some events. Most importantly, if you are not officiating, then please remain behind the fenced off area.